Bhagavad Gita Links
The following list has additional links to what is available at Gita documents site, which contains Bhagavadgita in Sanskrit with verse and word meanings in English, Gita-verse-a-day utility, encoded text for easy search, and other commonly know Gitas such as Gurugita, Ashtavakragita, Ramagita, Ribhugita et cetera.
- Sowmya Ram's site contains many bhagavada Gita discourses, audio and video clips, and
links to sites as well as a Gita-Verse-A-Day utility and a unique FAQ.
- Gita supersite with translations, audio, and commentaries by scholars.
- Sanskrit text in
- by Rakesh Mullick, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete text of Shankaracharya's Gita commentaries is
available at http://www.sankara.iitk.ac.in and http://www.granthamandira.com.
- Listen to the MP3 audio files of English translation of Bhagavadgita. It includes all the chapters with summary read by Michael Scherer of http://www.desperaudio.com/.
The publication is "Srimad Bhagavad Gita : The Scripture of Mankind," by Swami Tapasyananda.
The book is available at Sri Ramakrishna Math, Chennai, India. If you listen to any of it and like it, please let Mike know.
- Bhagavad Gita with audio in mp3 for select chapters.
Guidance through Bhagavadgita by Chinmayananda,
- Sanskrit verses individually scanned. English translation by Swami Sivananda of Divine Life Society. Also see Bhagavadgita for Busy People and another article.
The Sacred Song, a new translation by McComas Taylor and Richard Stanley.
International Society for Krishna Consciousness
- The bhagavada Gita As It Is by Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
with verses in Devanagari and transliteration, meanings, and audio clips.
Kannada discourses; Geeta Bhashya from Madhwacharya's Sarvamoola Grantha's and Mantralaya's Raghavendra Teertha's Geeta Vivruthi
- Gita Quiz Book(pdf) from http://www.gitajayanti.org.sg for Gita Jayanti group at Singapore. The group holds competi
- "Sing-Along Bhagavad Gita" - text and audio in VIDEO Format - is now online at: http://www.gitasingalong.on.to. The chanting is done by Dina-Anukampana Das, dinaanu at gmail.com or dina at on.to, India - Vrindavana, Dist. Mathura, Mob. + 91 - 93199 06672 + 91 - 99271 97171.
- http://everydaygeeta.blogspot.com, thoughts on Bhagvadgita by N. M. Sundar.
University of Evansville:
- several interesting essays. etc:
- International Gita Society.
American Gita Society's comprehensive, nonsectarian, beautifully simple, and deft rendition of the Bhagavad Gita in modern English, and Hindi with Sanskrit verses -- Free. Provides translation in Hindi, English, Dutch, French, and Portugese languages.
Kashmiri recension of Gita with commentary by Anandavardhan
as a scanned book in the archive.org digital library. Also
2 and other links for gita.
Bhagavada Gita Sie beschreibt
- die Gespräche zwischen Arjuna - Die Veden, Die Upanishaden,
Mahabharata, Bhagavada Gita, Ramayana.
Bhagavada Gita: The Lord's Song in English - Sanderson Beck.
He also has other india/sanskrit/vedanta related writings on his
as well literature on many other aspects of religion.
Interactive Bhagavada Gita
- software from MultiMedia Communications;
featuring Introduction, Dhyanam, Mahatmyam,
the 18 Chapters of Gita presented in interactive format
- Sanskrit + English translation, print facilities,
recitations with background music and images.
Bhagavada Gita Multimedia Book
- from Multimedia Station, Bangalore;
- Aeons ago, when time and space were yet to be
manifestly identified in the supreme
consciousness, the cosmic laws were realised.
Bhagavada Gita CD
- Bhavadgita As It IS at gitacd.com
- "Go through Gita, Go through Gita," A Bhagvad Gita Correspondence Course at Chinmaya International Foundation established from inspiration from Swami Chinmayananda.
- Bhagavadagita critical edition by Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute (BORI)
is part of Mahabharata critical edition that records variants from
2000 manuscripts from all over India,
including the Kashmir and other regional recensions.
It is available upon request. There is another version edited by S. V. Belvalkar available at archive.org Bhagavadgita with the
"jnanakakmasamuccaya" commentary of anandavardhana. which has comparison of
Shankara (South) and Kashmiri version.
- International Gita Society has Gita translated in the following languages.
Hindi, Sanskrit, English, Hebrew, Dutch, Gujarati, French, German, Ukrainian, , Portuguese, Galego, Russian, and Spanish.
- Shri Veeraswamy Krishnaraj has compiled and written a book on Gita BGallcolor.pdf
on his site .bhagavadgitausa.com.cnchost.com. It has text written in Devanagari and Roman+diacritics, word by word meaning, translations and commentaries.
In addition, he has presented his opinions and research notes on
diverse subjects like Tantra, SAktas, Bhagavadgita, Siva, Vishnu beside many gods, Kali and Kamakshi besides other goddesses, Kundalini Yoga, Visishtadvaita, philosophies ranging from Saiva Siddhanta in the south to Kashmir Saivism in the North.
On yatharthgeeta.com, the Bhagvadgita
is available as "yathArthagItA" commented by Shri Paramahansji Maharaj. The
text with commentary is available in the following languages in well
prepared PDF format, English, Russian, French, German, Spanish,
Chinese, Italian, Norwegian, Belgian, Hindi, Asamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, and Urdu. It is also available in nicely done clear
MP3 audio format in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, German. The Shri Paramhans Ashram is located at Shakteshgarh, Chunar-Rajgad Road,
Dist.- Mirzapur (U.P.), India.
- Surabodhini Gita, a commentary, Hindi translation of Bengali original attributed to Surabodhini.
- View/listen Bhagvadgita recitation by Dr Balram S. Agnihotri, in multiple parts, posted by his daughter Leena Mehendale in video format http://www.youtube.com/user/sanstuti. Portion of it is sung by Suresh Wadkar.
This is a presentation of kaushalamtrust.com proposing a Sanskrit revival through TV series. See FAQ for details.
- Audio of Gita.
Visit http://www.gitasupersite.iitk.ac.in/ and listen to the shloka of your choice by playing the clip again and again. The pronunciation is clear. The java scripting and fonts display may cause problem depending on your comptuer system.
The multimedia CDs are normally with music and non-traditional tunes. There are number of them available , e.g. http://www.sudarshana.org, http://www.bhagavadgita.com, and additional ones from search at google.com with "bhagavad gita audio download." Also see http://hinduism.about.com/od/thegita/ .
B. S. Murthy has written books Bhagvad-Gita: Treatise of self-help , same gatewayforindia version,
with audio. His
works are also available at Constitution Society (Religious Scriptures) Vedanta Spiritual Library, OmJai.org, Boloji.com.
- Gita audio at karamsad.com by Kamlesh Patel.
- Articles on Bhagavadgita
- Links to blogs related to Bhagvadgita